Women are the backbone of our society. They play an important role in various fields of work. Hence woman-health is given a priority in various National Health Care Programs.
Ayurveda has already identified the importance of woman health and has categorically elaborated various aspects under the name “Strirog avm Prasutitantra”. This subject deals with the normal as well as abnormal Anatomy and Physiology of a woman and the extensive medical as well as surgical treatment of various diseases by Ayurvedic and modern Principles. It also deals with different issues related to the Pregnancy and Labour.
- The facilities of Strirog Prasutitantra Dept.are devised according to the norms given by the C.C.I.M.
- The Dept. is having well equipped Museum having a display of a number of rare specimens collected during various surgical procedures conducted in our hospital.
- The Dept.is supported by different models, charts, slides, C.D.S, O.H.P. slides, photographs and instruments for the teaching purpose.
- The Audio-Visual method is adapted for teaching.
- There is an independent Departmental Library which is having a collection of many books including Ayurvedic Samitas , Journals , Magazines and the text books related to the Modern medicine.
- The Dept.is supported by Strirog-Prasutitantra O.P.D. and I.P.D. attached to our Hospital where students get an exposure to the patients and learn the practical aspect of the subject.