Department of Shalya Tantra was established on September 2008. Shalya Tantra is the branch of ayurveda which deals with the diseases or disorders which require surgical treatment. Acharya Sushrut has written ‘Sushrut Samhita’ forms the main base of surgical knowledge which is beneficial and practicable till today.
- College has full-fleshed, Department which is carrying as the work related to surgical disorders incorporating the modern surgical knowledge.
- Department is having various Charts of basic principles of Surgical procedures, different surgeries, various Models of Surgical procedures, ancient methods etc.
- Diagnosis and treatment of various surgical disorders with all modern facilities
- Facilities for all general surgeries.
- Special Ano-rectal Clinic:
- Department is providing highly successful treatment with minimal recurrence rate for fistula-in-ano using “Kshar-Sutra” method and ‘Kshar’ application in bleeding piles.
- Different Para-surgical procedures like blood- letting by leeches (Jaloka-Avacharan), venepuncture (Sira Vedha), Scarification (Prakshana), therapeutic burn therapy by thermal and strong alkali (Agnikarma and Kshar Karma) are also carried out in some specific disorders.
- Kshar Sutra training programs and medico-surgical Camps are arranged regularly.
- Special Matra Basti treatment for the conservative management of Fissure.
- A number of surgeries for Hernia, Hydrocele, Fistula, Haemorrhoids, and Fissure etc. are regularly performed in hi-tech operation theatre.
- Lecture method of department is Ohp, Live Operative Demonstration, LCD Projector, peripheral anorectal camps for practical purpose.
- The department is fully equipped with audio – visual equipments like various operative Cds and latest books.
- The department is equipped with various surgical instruments for practical purpose.
- The teaching faculty of department were participated in various R.O.T.P. of Shalya Tantra organised by AYUSH Department.
- The available books for departmental library are 40.
- The moto of department is the research on treatment of BPH, Anorectal Disease and Agnikarma Chikitsa for Arthritis (Sandhigat Vata).
- To organise state level Work-Shop on various procedures of Shalya-Tantra
- Plan to start P.G. Diploma Course in Kshar karma
- Plan to start P.G. in Shalya-Tantra